23 September, 2012

Scrapbook Convention 2012 Weekend


My weekend away at the Emperors Palace, was one filled with so much laughter till your tummy ached, amongst other nice surprises of meeting up with old friends...!!!

My cousin Nathalie and her Mauritian entourage arrived around lunchtime at the hotel, needless to say it was still too early to check in. So, we headed off to Newscafe for lunch. By the time we returned we could finally check in...my cousin and I shared a room at the Peermont Metcourt Suites, which was beautiful and spacious, and met our needs...as you see below.



After everybody had settled into their rooms, completed registration for the convention and did a bit of shopping...we decided to head down to Col Cacchios for Italian dinner. Needless to say, the weekend was in full swing, with cocktails and shooters being ordered during dinner and lots of laughing and giggling.




~ Nats getting into the Springboks ~


~ My delicious dinner ~


~ My Strawberry Daiquiri ~



~ Blowjob anyone ~


~ My Strawberry Daiquiri that had to be tasted by all - lol ~

After dinner, we all decided to pose for a photo with props taken by a man running a little business. I think it came out pretty well...don't forget ladies we are all to scrap this photo and upload to see.


Front Row: Valerie, Nathalie, Odile, Christine, Moi
Back Row: Tracy, Belma, Nadine, Katherine, Brigitte, Virginie

After breakfast on Saturday morning, it was time to head to the convention to get started on our classes. First up was Amber Crowell of Simple Stories and also a sneak of her beautiful project, loved the papers...





Then after tea was Kerrie Gurney of Art Deco Creations and here is a sneak of her project.



After our delicious lunch we had Amy Tan of American Crafts, she is the sweetest person I have ever met.



Then, it was back to our rooms to relax and freshen up for dinner. We decided it would be Greek tonight at Platia. More cocktails, food was delicious, especially as I love Greek food. Then, it was onto watching 2 handsome Greek boys perform for us, while we threw plates and sang and danced the Zorbo afterwards...another wonderful night had by all.




~ The Greek Gods, entertaining us ~


~ The girls before dinner ~


~ Result of too many shooters or cocktails, loitering on the hotel stairs like a bunch of tarts ~

Sunday, was back to class with Trisha Ladouceur of Pink Paislee being our first teacher. She was a total hoot  and had us in stitches, sadly no snippet of her project, was a mini album which still needs to be completed.


After tea it was the handsome Matthew Lanoy of Bo Bunny, all the girls oohed and aahed, but sadly he brought his gorgeous wife with...



Then, it was time for lunch. Our last class ended with Tracie Hudson (my all time fav teacher) for Authentique, as I just love her style and she did not disappoint!!!



~ Tracie & I ~
(photo credit: Tracie Hudson)

Just a few pics of us during the convention...


~ My cousin and her wonderful friends from Mauritius, the Dodo Scrap Chicks ~


~ My beautiful cousin Nathalie & I ~


~ Belma & I ~


~ Odile you beauty ~



~ Girls playing ~


~ The 3 Pro Scrappers Me, Tracy & Belma ~ 


~ My BFF Tracy, ♥ you ~

After the convention ended, a whole lot of us decided to go outdoors for a walk and some fresh air, seeing we had been cooped up in a hotel for the last 2 days...



Seeing it was our last night together, the girls from Mauritius wanted to go somewhere for a good steak dinner...so we ended up at Tribes (one of the best, I think). It started with shooters, Sowetan toilets (tasted better than it's name), then the cocktails started flowing. My dinner, which was a rump steak with vegies...was simply to die for and cooked to perfection! During the evening we pretended it was Virginie's birthday, so the staff could sing to her, which after, she entertained us by doing a wonderful pole dancing routine...needless to say that even the staff were impressed!!! As for Odile, she delivered a wonderful sketch for us...which had us in stitches.




~ My Blushing Cosmopolitan ~


~ The famous Sowetan Toilet - tasted delicious ~

Monday morning after breakfast, packed our cases as best we could. After saying a sad goodbye to my cousin and new friends made...Tracy and I headed to Newscafe for a Chai Latte, while Belma decided to try and catch 40 winks.

Then it was time for us to catch a shuttle to the airport...our weekend of fun and excitement had to come to an end, but don't worry 2013...I will be back!!!

Ladies, don't forget what goes on tour stays on tour...!!!

Until 2013...here we come...♥

3 comments :

  1. Sophia...what a wonderful souvenir...great photo's and i will never forget the fun times we shared. Hope to be there next year..Cape Town maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a divine time Sophia...the pics says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you all had a blast - not sure how much scrapping actually took place ... lol
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥