11 April, 2009

Trying for GUEST DT

Over at BackPorchMemories...

We had to base our LO on the following Becky Fleck sketch from PageMaps below.


Here is my take on it...


Journaling:
Your mind was made up that you were shaving your hair off in memory of your sister. She died at a very young age with cancer. You looked so proud, when you got home that day. All I can say is that your heart is big and you have so much love to give...I’m sure Karen is looking down at you and saying...”I am so proud, to have had you as my Brother”. 28/3/09

Supplies:
Cardstock - Colormates Dark Autumn Red
PP – October Afternoon Night Light Jack
PP – October Afternoon Good Cheer / Sleigh Bells
Pink Paislee – Press Ons Pop Fashion Accents Black
Colorbok – Chipboard Accents
Prima – Say it in Crystals
Making Memories – Red Felt Alphas
Making Memories Black Rub-on Alphas
Maya Road – Chipboard Swirl
Red Glitter
Black Stitching with sewing machine
Beige ribbon

Thanks for looking and please hold thumbs for me.

6 comments :

  1. Great layout! Holding thumbs for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Sophia and the heart warming story behind it makes it extra special. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning....well done and good luck!

    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers and toes and everything crossed for you!
    Great LO of your hubby! I know that feeling of empowerment from shaving your head!!! I did it as a fund raiser for Cure for Cancer in 2002! My lil sis died of a brain tumour at age 3 and we have lost Barry's father to a brain tumour too!!! So this is very close to my heart! Might have to steal your idea of this LO!!! Love your style Soph! Have a Happy Easter Luv Shaz xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous lo chickie ~ and wow ~ what a heartwarming story

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥