20 May, 2007

Go help this worthy cause

Shane Bernier is a courageous seven-year-old boy from Lancaster, Ontario who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when he was only five. On June 6th, 2006 Shane and his family received some unfortunate news: Shane experienced a relapse after completing 108 of 130 weeks of treatment.

However, despite the bad news, Shane has managed to keep a positive outlook on his situation and has made a heart-warming wish... He hasn’t asked for money or toys or anything of the sort. Instead, his birthday is on May 30th and he would like to break the world record for the most birthday cards ever received. His goal is 350 million cards. With every card, Shane’s courage grows. Something as simple as sending a birthday card could be enough to help Shane find peace and joy in his current circumstances.

Please take the time to send a card to Shane and make his dream become a reality.

I challenge all my blog readers to do the same, this is such a worthy cause people...

With that in mind I have created this card for Shane and will be posting it off tomorrow.


I also created this layout for Creating Keepsake HOF American Craft Challenge contest.

Jornaling is as follows:

In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero
I am strong and wise, and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be, in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light, and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.
And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about.
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave, maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there...
In my daughter's eyes.

Both Murray and Amy have been feeling under the weather this weekend with flu, so it was a quiet one at home.

Off to enjoy what's left of the weekend, hope you had a good one.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥