31 May, 2008

Awesome {Scrap} Day Today

Oh, what a {FUN} day I had today...

I went to Fantasia's Scrap Day where Venessa and Lauri were teaching, and what a fun time I had.

Morning started with Lauri's class...she got us making a beautiful handbag with beaded handle, that holds a small mini album, which can be given as a gift...I think it looks too pretty to give it away, might keep this one for me.

Then it was time for cappuccinos all round, oh and how yummy they were!!!

Then once we had finished our project, we were treated to a delicious lunch at Mugg & Bean, the chicken wraps were to die for, order yourself one next you go there.

Then it was onto Venessa's class, she showed us such cool ideas on how to make your own templates to use (I sure will be making some of my own, in the not too distant future).

We created a beautiful 2-pager 12x12 LO, which I am absolutely thrilled with on how mine turned out. I used photos of Chloe, which I added some brushes on with PSE. It just seemed to round the photos off nicely, and the colour choices blended so well...got to love those gorgeous blue eyes.

Won me some American Craft in a lucky draw, their product is so versatile.

In between Venessa's class, they had a lady demonstrate a floral arrangement, which they were drawing names from the basket afterwards to win as a prize.

GUESS WHAT...I WON IT...HOW FRICKIN AWESOME WAS THAT!!!

It now has a special place in our house...

All in all I was quiet pleased with myself for finishing most of my 2 projects, in between catching up with Venessa about old times (by the way, gonna take you up on that cup of coffee sometime soon, may even come up for an evening class).

Hope you have a great Sunday...

4 comments :

  1. Oh WOW, you lucky lady!!! Those flowers are beautiful.

    I love the layout you did. Very pretty and Chloe's eyes certainly show up more. I also like the bag and cute mini album.

    I need to get to Fantasia to get some of the Noteworthy Paper and I think I need to look at these American Craft goodies as well.

    Keep well..
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a girlie swot... wow I am impresed. LOVE how your layout turned out, and I know because of the pretty paper it is even more beautiful in real life. Loved your photos too, Chloe is darling. Wow - you certainly were lucky on Saturday Sophia, definately turned out worth it for you. Thanks for the lovely post here.... I need to download my pics too and do a post. Will tell Laurie to have a look too.
    See you soon OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout Sophia. Gorgeous flowers too... hope they are still blooming after a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some really beautiful projects here! I really love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥