23 June, 2007

I know, I know...

...been a Bad Blogger again. What can I say, I have been feeling rather tired of late, just wanting to sleep all the time. Maybe it's {Peanut's} way of telling me that he / she is going to have me on my toes, so I need to get all my rest now.

Well, I guess I have lots to catch up on, so here goes nothing.

Last weekend we all went up to spend the weekend at my folks. It was rather pleasant apart that it was a bit on the cold side. Henri and Emma were supposed to come down from Joburg with the kids, but at the last minute he had to work. So, Amy never got to see or play with Travis, it has been a while now, since we have seen them.

Sunday was Father's Day, and Amy could not wait for Dad to wake up to give him his gift. When he did wake up, he could not get down the passage fast enough for her to wish him and give him his present. Which was a new leather wallet, as the old one started to look like the moths got hold of it. She also made him some redeemable vouchers at school...which you can see below.


Wednesday, was another visit with my Gyny, Dr Martin for blood tests. They will determine whether everything is okay with baby with regards to down syndrome, Spina Bifida etc. We will know by Monday if all is 100%. If not, then I need to have an amnio...it is more the age that brings out these factors, but let's be POSITIVE and pray that all will be fine...

Some {Peanut} update...

I am 17 weeks now, 4 months and 1 week.

You may be gaining weight rapidly at this point, even if you're not eating much. Experts say that the amount of weight you put on during pregnancy is dictated primarily by your genes, so don't necessarily blame yourself if the weight's accumulating faster than you'd like. Your baby's movements are felt as a gentle, fluttering sensation at first, but get stronger and more obvious as time passes. Some babies kick vigorously and often, others are quieter. And many seem most active at night.

Your baby now weighs about 2.8 ounces, and measures about 4.3 to 4.6 inches long. You may have an ultrasound scheduled soon which may tell you, if you want to know, whether it is a boy or a girl. Your baby's fingernails and toenails are now fully formed, and internally your baby's urinary tract and bladder are functioning, emptying about once every hour.

Our next scheduled scan and visit is on the 27th July (3 days before my birthday), and we hopefully should be able to see if it's a boy or girl...watch this space!

I will try and get some 4 months preggy photos this weekend to compare against my last one.

A little on the creative side...

I have submitted the layout below for a contest on Pencil Lines, to try and get a spot on the Design Team. We had to use this sketch and produce a 12 x 12 page. They got 166 entries overall and this is the reply as to how they will be announcing the winners.

Hi All

Firstly may I thank each and everyone of you for your amazing entries. We were all stunned at the 166 entries we received, and thank you so much for all wanting to be a part of Pencil Lines.

I have made a decision, a very difficult one i might add, and I couldn't stop at just one new member!! I have decided to make an announcement from 9pm GMT on the Pencil Lines site, where I will announce a new member on the hour, and I am not telling you how many new members we have, you will have to log in to see if your name is on the list ! This just adds to all the excitement for me and you :)

Please do not be disappointed if you did not make the team, in a perfect world I would have loved to have each and every one of you, instead I am going to invite some of you to be a guest designer with us. Emails will be going out next week with invites to be a guest designer with us. And one last thing, we would love to upload all your entries into a gallery for all our readers to look at. If anyone wishes not to be part of the gallery please email us asap, thanks.

Until tomorrow night,

Good Luck everyone

Hugs
Anna and The Pencil Line Team

Hold thumbs for me, and let's see if I get a spot too...

Then on another note, I got this PM on the Scraphoria Site, where I tried out for the Design Team. I did not not make the team due to postage would take too long to get here for me to do the monthly challenges, but Tracey had this to say...

Hi Sophia,

We absolutely loved your work that you submitted to our Design Team Call. I feel so badly that we would not be able to get the kits to you in South Africa within the time lines.

However, we would be so thrilled to have you as the Scraphoria Star of the Week for June 25. If you accept please answer the questions below for us to post and please feel free to load your Gallery up with more of your fabulous work!

Tracey

So please go here on Monday and read all about it...

A few of my close Scrapbooking friends are going to be getting together at Reminisce for my birthday to scrap, on the 18th August...I have a nice fun morning planed for them. All I am saying is this...PINK & BLING.

Off to the shops to buy paper to start making my beautiful invites.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥