30 July, 2006

Oh what a great day...

So much to Blog about...

Of course it is a good day, as it is my BIRTHDAY. My, my, I am getting old. That bit closer to the rounding off figure of "40".

Friday night:
Grandpa came to fetch Amy, as Murray was taking me out to dinner for my birthday. Which was a surprise. The restaurant was "Aubergines", and for those of you who have not been there it is a must. Starters, I had Grilled Calamari with rocket in a thai type sauce, to die for. For mains, I was brave enough to tackle the Lamb shank, which literally fell off the bone. It was a lovely dinner just the two of us, nice to be alone for some quiet, romantic time.

Saturday:
It was finally here. Our Pick of the Crop Scrapathon 2. Early start to the morning, to get to Rob Roy Hotel. Got ready all dressed up in our aprons awaiting for the delegates to arrive. Then it was time for the fun to start.

The Crew Members

I welcomed everybody in the morning, and gave them a quick rundown, started off a bit nervous at first. Suzette, taught the first class in the morning and Desire took over the reigns after lunchtime.

It was a real actioned packed day, my POTC (Pick of the Crop) members, spoiled me at lunchtime. I received this beautiful card with some photos from our photo shoot and vouchers to spend at Reminisce Scrapbook shop (which will come in handy on my birthday scrapping afternoon).

Gail & Lin

Michelle, Carmen & Cheryl

We had loads of sponsored prizes to give-away, as well as the main prize which was a Canon Selphy photo printer.


Spoiled them with sweet treats to get their sugar levels up.

Generally, I think all the ladies had fun, a lot of them remarked that they were happy to go home with 2 finished layouts.

Below are my version of the layouts that were taught, with a few changes.


To see more info and photos of our Scrapathon, go here.

Sunday:
Some extra exciting news on the Scrapping side. I have made it to Round 3 of the Croppin Paradise Queen competition. Who would have thought...I must say, I was waiting with batted breath, as there were some awesome layouts submitted and really thought mine were average, but I guess the judges did not think so.

These were my entries for Round 2


Went to Murray's folks for a nice birthday lunch and spent the afternoon, playing in the garden with Amy and taking photos of her with Granny & Grandpa.



- finally posted with pictures, blogger has been playing up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your comments...♥